This notice informs employee applicants (‘applicants’) of Edgbaston Park Hotel and Conference Centre (the ‘Hotel’) as to how we process your personal data when you apply for an employment vacancy with us. For the purposes of European data protection laws, the Hotel is the ‘data controller’ of applicants’ personal data, which means that we are responsible for holding and using personal information about you.
Data that may be collected
The Hotel may collect personal data regarding applicants including:
• Contact information (e.g. name, home and business address, phone numbers, email addresses, emergency contact information).
• Demographic information (e.g. date of birth, nationality).
• Employment and education history (including internal and external employment history, references and organisational data such as department, work location, job title and seniority).
• Any other information which may be voluntarily disclosed by the applicant as part of the application process.
The Hotel process sensitive personal data (e.g. data concerning health) in accordance with data protection laws and with the explicit consent of the applicant, or where processing is required by law.
Use of applicant personal data
The Hotel use your data in order to fulfil our legal obligations and, where in the legitimate interests of the Hotel, to consider an applicant for a role or vacancy in line with our employment recruitment process. In the event that we make an offer of employment to you and you (the applicant) accepts, your personal data will be held and processed by the Hotel to fulfil our legal and contractual obligations and for the performance of the employment relationship.
Your Right to Object – Please note that you have a right to object to the processing of your personal data where that processing is carried out for our legitimate interests, however, we may not be able to fulfil this request in all instances.
Disclosure to certain third parties.
The Hotel may disclose some of your personal data to the following recipients:
- Service providers (e.g. outsourced payroll providers), pension providers and financial or legal advisors.
- Fraud prevention and law enforcement agencies.
- Courts, governmental and non-governmental regulators and ombudsmen.
Rights of applicants
Under applicable European data protection laws, applicants have a right to:
- Request access to and rectification or erasure of their personal data.
- Obtain restriction of processing or to object to processing of their personal data.
- Ask for a copy of their personal data to be provided to them, or a third party, in a digital format.
- Lodge a complaint about the processing of their personal data with the local data protection authority.
Security and retention
The Hotel will take steps to protect applicants’ personal data against loss or theft, as well as from unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification, regardless of the format in which it is held. The Hotel retains information for six months from the closing date of the role for which you applied or, if you are invited to interview, for six months from the interview date, whichever is later. We hold this information to support our legal and regulatory requirements. If you object to this retention, please contact us via our details below.
If you have any enquiries, requests or concerns regarding this notice or relating to the processing of applicant personal data, please contact our Head of People, via [email protected]
You also have the right to lodge a complaint about the processing of your personal data with the ICO via [email protected].