Why work for us
Opened in 2018, Edgbaston Park Hotel is owned by the University of Birmingham and is part of the Preferred Hotels & Resorts collection. The hotel features a contemporary building housing 185 bedrooms, including the 1900 restaurant, bar and lounge as well as variety of impressive meeting and event facilities, all located on a peaceful leafy spot on campus.
Two historic buildings which were bequeathed to the University are also part of the hotel, and have been tastefully restored: Hornton Grange, a 1928 redbrick former family home; and Garth House, a Grade II-listed Arts and Crafts building built in 1900.
Alongside working in a modern, stylish and successful hotel, with friendly staff and an environment which supports personal empowerment and responsibility, we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Hotel discounts (staff and family)
- Meals on duty
- Discounted WM travel card
- Incentives and recognition schemes
- Training and career development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP scheme)
Current hotel vacancies
Excellent Salary and Benefits
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Sales Manager to join our commercial team at Edgbaston Park Hotel.
As a proactive Sales Manager, you will be required to actively drive sales by effectively selling all aspects of the hotel and conference centre in the local and national marketplace. The main duties expected in the role include:
- Support and drive the hotels’ commercial action plan.
- To continually align and devise sales strategies.
- To retain and grow the business and support revenue maximisation.
- Research competitors to obtain market and rate intelligence with an understanding of business trends.
- Ownership and responsibility for driving and delivering the agreed sales strategies.
- Actively seek, identify, secure and contract new and repeat business for all market segments.
- Plan and represent at major travel events, exhibitions to maximise network opportunities to raise the profile and awareness of the hotel.
- Research potential new accounts, conduct telesales calls, plan appointments and carry out weekly face to face sales calls in line with agreed targets.
- To develop beneficial affiliations and partnerships within the local area.
- Engage the hotel team across all departments to ensure a sales culture is embedded.
To see the full job description, please click here
If you are interested in this exciting and rare opportunity, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 28 May 2021