Why work for us
Opened in 2018, Edgbaston Park Hotel is owned by the University of Birmingham and is part of the Preferred Hotels & Resorts collection. The hotel features a contemporary building housing 185 bedrooms, including the 1900 restaurant, bar and lounge as well as variety of impressive meeting and event facilities, all located on a peaceful leafy spot on campus.
Two historic buildings which were bequeathed to the University are also part of the hotel, and have been tastefully restored: Hornton Grange, a 1928 redbrick former family home; and Garth House, a Grade II-listed Arts and Crafts building built in 1900.
Alongside working in a modern, stylish and successful hotel, with friendly staff and an environment which supports personal empowerment and responsibility, we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Hotel discounts (staff and family)
- Meals on duty
- Discounted WM travel card
- Incentives and recognition schemes
- Training and career development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP scheme)
Current hotel vacancies
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 1 x 40 hpw (Bar) (Ref: EPH/0721/FBFT) and 5 x 20 hpw (Bar, Restaurant and Conference & Banqueting) (Ref: EPH/0721/FBPT)
Our guests are at the heart of everything we do, and your role as F&B Assistant will be pivotal in providing an exceptional guest experience through the delivery of outstanding food and beverage services in our bar, restaurant and/or conference and banqueting facilities. You will also be responsible for pro-actively and appropriately upselling to maximise sales, as well as supporting with the facilitation, preparation, cleaning and set-up of food and beverage areas, conferences, meetings and functions, to ensure we continue to exceed our guests’ expectations.
The main duties expected in the role include:
- Preparation and provision of food and beverage service to guests, in a courteous, pro-active and professional manner.
- Assisting in the preparation of mise en place for service as required, in accordance with Hotel standards.
- Planning and coordinating activities to successfully execute meetings and conferences and processing all other additional requests such as room set-up, catering needs and audio-visual device requirements.
- Upholding good housekeeping practices; ensuring a safe, clean, tidy and pleasant working environment.
- Actively promoting the F&B outlets and keeping up-to-date with the latest menus and offerings.
- Preparing cocktails and other drinks for guest, ensuring they are to the recommended legal standard and checking identification of customers to make sure they meet age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Handling minor complaints in a professional and courteous manner and providing appropriate solutions.
- Ensuring that all food & beverage items are recorded in an appropriate manner in order that guests may be charged correctly, and to operate a cash bar as and when required.
- Embracing every opportunity to enhance guest service and maximise sales in a discreet and professional manner.
You should be a highly motivated individual with exceptional customer service and team working skills and with a genuine desire to provide exceptional service to every guest you meet.
Closing Date: 8 August 2021
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter, stating the appropriate role reference number to: email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Edgbaston Park Hotel and Conference Centre is an equal opportunities employer and applicants will be short-listed and recruited on the sole basis of their relevant skills, experience and qualifications. If you have a disability and require any adjustment to be made to the recruitment process in order for you to participate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the HR Team on 0121 414 8927.