Why work for us
Opened in 2018, Edgbaston Park Hotel is owned by the University of Birmingham and is part of the Preferred Hotels & Resorts collection. The hotel features a contemporary building housing 185 bedrooms, including a restaurant, bar and lounge as well as variety of impressive meeting and event facilities, all located on a peaceful leafy spot on campus.
Two historic buildings which were bequeathed to the University are also part of the hotel, and have been tastefully restored: Hornton Grange, a 1928 redbrick former family home; and Garth House, a Grade II-listed Arts and Crafts building built in 1900.
Alongside working in a modern, stylish and successful hotel, with friendly staff and an environment which supports personal empowerment and responsibility, we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Hotel discounts (staff and family)
- Meals on duty
- Discounted WM travel card
- Incentives and recognition schemes
- Training and career development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP scheme)
Current hotel vacancies
Hours: 40 hours per week over five days.
Working Pattern: Any 40 hours between 9.00pm and 7.30am, on a seven day a week, rota basis.
We are looking to recruit a Night Porter/Receptionist at our award-winning hotel, set in the beautiful surroundings of leafy Edgbaston in Birmingham.
Guest experience is at the heart of everything we do, and our team of enthusiastic, friendly, professional and customer focussed staff are the reason for our success.
We are looking for an exceptional individual to join our team as a Night Porter/Receptionist who has previous experience as a Receptionist, and ideally as a Night Porter/Receptionist in the hospitality sector. What is key however, is your genuine enthusiasm and ability to provide exemplary customer service, and to support the smooth running of the Reception and Hotel during your shift.
You must be enthusiastic and self-motivated with the ability to work independently, as well as being a supportive and productive team member.
Duties of this role include:
- Checking in guest arrivals and checking out guest departures
- Utilising the Hotel’s IT systems for checking guests in and out, updating accounts with any additional charges, producing reports etc.
- Dealing positively, promptly and professionally with guest queries and feedback
- Operating the switchboards and taking accurate telephone messages for guests and staff and arranging any early morning calls on the system
- Taking over responsibility for the reception from the evening receptionist and handing back to the morning receptionist
- Completing the night audit and any financial procedures during the shift
- Ensuring the welfare and safety of all guests staying at the Hotel while on shift
- Ensuring all fire and health and safety regulations are adhered to and to promptly report any health and safety concerns
To find out more and to apply for this position, please contact email@example.com