At the Edgbaston Park Hotel and Conference Centre, we want to ensure that as many people as possible can use our website, and we are working to improve our digital services.
This accessibility statement covers www.edgbastonparkhotel.com. We aim to achieve the recommended government standard for web accessibility (WCAG 2.1 AA). We also test with users of varied needs and on different assistive devices.
As a user with accessible needs, you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 200% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We also aim to make the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
This website is fully accessible
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille, please email email@example.com.
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 10 days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website and are continuing to audit our content. If you find something that you are unable to access, or we have failed to identify a barrier, please let us know.
If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are unhappy with the response you have received from the University about your accessibility-related issue, you can make a complaint to the University by emailing email@example.com.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Edgbaston Park Hotel and Conference Centre is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Non accessible content
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non compliance with the accessibility regulations
- Colour contrast is insufficient on some elements across the site, so some people may find it difficult to distinguish between these elements and the background. This fails WCAG 2.1 ‘AA’ success criterion 1.4.3 (contrast (minimum)).
- We plan to make all colours meet the contrast ratio of least 4.5:1 by September 2020.
How we tested this website
This website was last tested on 28 October 2019. The test was carried out by University staff using a selection of automated tools, which include:
as well as manual checks.
We tested the following pages as they contain the main features across the site and cover the different page templates used.
- Homepage: https://www.edgbastonparkhotel.com/
- Rooms: https://www.edgbastonparkhotel.com/rooms/
- Meetings and events: https://www.edgbastonparkhotel.com/meetings-and-events/
- Fry suite: https://www.edgbastonparkhotel.com/meetings-and-events/fry/
- Weddings: https://www.edgbastonparkhotel.com/weddings/
- Dining: https://www.edgbastonparkhotel.com/dining/
- Restaurant menu: https://www.edgbastonparkhotel.com/dining/restaurant-menu/
- Contact: https://www.edgbastonparkhotel.com/contact/